The MICE aspect of the province of Namur
A land of valleys, traditions, culture and gastronomy, our province enjoys an outstanding living environment, making it a top-class destination.
Five good reasons to choose the province of Namur for your next event.
1. A central destination, at the heart of Wallonia, to gather all your clients or staff – at the crossroads of motorway axes (E411 and E42) – an hour from Brussels and its airport (60 km).
2. A destination with an outstanding natural heritage, making it an ideal setting in which to hold ‘rural' seminars.
3. Traditional, prestigious, even unusual events venues...
Hotels that specialise in hosting seminars, business gîtes, ‘fairytale' castles, old mills, high-tech centres, exhibition halls, farms and more. Around a hundred service providers offer you facilities brimming with charm and elegance for extraordinary events.
4. The beauty of the landscapes and the undulating relief of the province makes this a preferred region for the organisation of original, unexpected incentive and team-building activities
- Sports: Fort Bayard team-building event, inspired by the famous television game, in the cellars of the Château de Namur – Initiation to Stand-Up Paddle on the Capitainerie (harbour master's office) opposite the Citadel and at the old bridge in Jambes – Farm golf at the Ferme de la Bourgade – ‘Orientation - enigmas' activity in the Dinant Evasion adventure park – etc.
- Gastronomic: Discovery walk and team cooking based on wild plants with the Cuisine Sauvage non-profit association – ‘Perfect Dinner' activity at the Ferme de Foy with the New Dimension agency – Gourmet walk to explore Namur and taste local specialities – etc.
- Cultural: Visit to Belgium's biggest dam at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure – Visit and beer tasting at the Brasserie du Bocq – Visit to the workshop of perfumer Guy Delforge at the heart of the Citadel of Namur - Parcours spéléo (potholing) at the Caves of Han – etc.
5. A convention bureau, Namur Congrès, which provides a free, efficient and dynamic service.